Forlorn.of.thee (fa'lo:n ŭv thē), p, my only strength and stay,forlorn of thee, whither shall I betake me, where subsist?
Paradise Lost by John Milton
.

Friday, October 26, 2007

Right or Left

Warning: The moving GIF may not work if animation is disabled in your browser :(

I love this one (stolen from News Corp)

The Right Brain vs Left Brain test ... do you see the dancer turning clockwise or anti-clockwise?

If clockwise, then you use more of the right side of the brain and vice versa.

Most of us would see the dancer turning anti-clockwise though you can try to focus and change the direction; see if you can do it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

LEFT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses logic

detail oriented

facts rule

words and language

present and past

math and science

can comprehend

knowing

acknowledges

order/pattern perception

knows object name

reality based

forms strategies

practical

safe

RIGHT BRAIN FUNCTIONS

uses feeling

"big picture" oriented

imagination rules

symbols and images

present and future

philosophy & religion

can "get it" (i.e. meaning)

believes

appreciates

spatial perception

knows object function

fantasy based

presents possibilities

impetuous

risk taking

So which side are you?

12 comments:

Dust-bunny said...

Counter-clockwise...lol

Here's the link...I'm taking it down later today. Thanks for wanting to view it:

http://thestuffthatsunderthebed.blogspot.com/

Dust-bunny said...

Oh, PS...leave a comment on my "Comforter" blog, if you want!

Lavender said...

Its going CLOCKWISE and there is NO WAY it could possibly be going the other way....SO THERE!
Does this mean Im too right brained? :)

gilda said...

OH MY GOD i could change the directions a few times!!! then i tried to change it again and it wouldn't and i kept closing my eyes and trying to refocus and it would ONLY go clockwise, and i got sooo pissed off! ugh! haha

Young Werther said...

Clockwise...I'm a rightie too

Anonymous said...

im more to right!

Anonymous said...

Oh boy! I came back again and it's going anti-clockwise!!

Bridey said...

Anti clockwise, and then changed to clockwise.

That's so cool!

Rebecca, A Clothes Horse said...

I see it going clockwise, I try and try to see counter-clockwise and I can't. Crazy.

Dust-bunny said...

You know what's really wierd? Today I came on your blog, and I can't see it going counter-clockwise to save my life!! How do we explain that (could my left side work better when I've had a glass or two of wine, LOL)?

Dust-bunny said...

...This is driving me crazy. I can do it both ways, too. I just switch which leg I think is in front, and I make it the back leg...and she instantly changes direction. But when I blinked, it was going clockwise again!

Constance said...

left side, oddly enough...